A Structurally Insulated Panel (SIPs) System, is one of the highest calibre of construction methods available, and certainly the best choice for garden rooms. The build method has distinct advantages over timber frame building systems, and all other log cabin/garden shed construction methods.
What are the key benefits of SIPs?
- The building is manufactured off-site and “flat-pack” garden room is delivered ready for quick and efficient construction.
- Minimal requirement for heating as high insulating properties provide incredibly low U values, down to 0.11w/m2K.
What are SIPs?
SIPs are formed using two sheets of Orientated Strand Board (OSB), sandwiching a rigid core of expanded polystyrene or injected polyurethane. The SIP panel is shown below in a diagram which demonstrates a full cross section of our building, both wall and flooring.
Do SIPs Cost More?
We manufacture all the Structural Insulated Panels (SIPs) for our Garden Lodges, Garden Offices and Garden Studios in-house at our factory in Bedfordshire, where they are distributed all over the UK. This allows us to reduce costs and offer premium buildings at unbeatable prices.
Where are SIP panels used?
SIPs are used widely within the construction industry for many types of buildings, and are becoming more popular as people become aware of their distinct advantages.
Why are SIP panels becoming a more popular build method?
They are the best means of economically achieving the new building standards being set by Part 6 of the Building Regulations which now focus on the consumption of fuel and power in relation to building performance. This modern, technologically-advanced building system is perfect for Garden Lodges, Garden Studios and Garden Offices.
Benefits of using the SIP system:
- Off-site factory manufactured, providing a quality controlled product.
- Modern method of construction reduces site time dramatically compared with traditional building methods or timber frame solutions.
- All our materials are recyclable.
- SIP is an eco-friendly form of construction, reducing the carbon footprint and wastage.
- High insulating properties provide low U values, down to 0.11w/m2K.
- Flexibility in design.
- Increased structural strength means less framed structures and clear roof spaces.
- 35% fewer raw materials are used in SIP buildings.
- Interlocking connection system reduces cold spots and cold bridging in all our garden buildings.
Building with SIPs offer many environmentally friendly advantages, below are just some of the benefits of SIPS Garden Buildings:
- According to online reports, structurally insulated panels are 15 times more insulated than concrete.
- Both OSB and polyurethane materials could be recycled.
- The materials SIPs are made from are usually free from CFC’s and HCFC’s.
- SIPs have a o-zone depletion rating of zero.
- Minimal cold bridging and high insulation rating – keeping you warm in the winter and cooler in the summer months.
Please take some time to watch the time lapse video of one of our teams completing a garden lodge. It shows how quickly and efficiently a Garden Lodges Structurally Insulated Panel (SIPs) garden room can be constructed.
Vaulted ceiling Garden Lodges filled with natural light.
Contemporary design, garden buildings from £14,500
Affordable and Functional Garden Buildings from £11,820
Private sanctuary in a traditional garden room from £11,945