When it comes to the subject of exercise, the main culprits to stop you from joining a gym can be lack of willpower, time and cost. With a home gym in your garden, you can work out in the privacy of your own home when you want, without any waiting to use the machines.
At Garden Lodges we can provide you with a bespoke home gym in the garden, which can fulfil the requirements for a novice gym goer to a training athlete. You decide exactly how you want your home gym to look.
Tips to designing your home gym…
- The practical – We find taller buildings are best for workout machines, look at our Garden Lodge designs with a traditional pitched roof, although these will require planning permission. If you want to build a home gym in your garden without planning permission, we suggest opting for a monpitch garden studio, which will give you more ceiling height and a sense of space.
- Consider whether you want lots of glazing to let light in natural light and to make you feel at nature, or if privacy is more your choice, we can install windows and doors with tinted glass to keep prying eyes out.
- What’s your preferred work out temperature? We can install air conditioning to keep you cool and electric heaters or underfloor heating to keep you warm.
- How will you keep motivated? There’s no point in building a home gym if you’re not going to keep yourself motivated to use it. We can install a wall of mirrors, so you can check out your work out technique or see your physique change before your very eyes. Adding vinyl wall art with inspirational quotes and words could also help you to run that extra mile.
- How will you power your equipment? Make sure to consider where you want your plug sockets to be fitted before your home gym is built and how many you’ll need. We can also connect the electricity to your new home gym by digging the trenches and laying the armoured cable – ask this to be added to your quotation during the site survey stage.
- Will you want to install a shower room and toilet? Garden Lodges can also build partition walls and fit shower rooms and toilet facilities in your home gym.
- How about adding a touch of luxury? Why not consider making part of your home gym into a relaxation area too by adding a sauna or steam room pod inside your home gym.